Keeping Solutions for Your Obstacle or Situation
Ahead of the Curve and Above the Hype™
When helpful, digital technology can play a significant role in our addressing critical obstacles and situations.
We ensure that we remain Ahead of the Curve and Above the Hype. That means choosing appropriate, value-adding digital technologies, but strictly avoiding early-stage products and services that are insufficiently tested or proven.
Why not bleeding edge? Because with critical obstacles and situations, a successful outcome cannot be hindered because a new tech may be cool, but not quite ready for prime time.
When there is a necessity for a technological component, here are some of the usual digital technology categories we consider:
- We’re mobile-centric. Mobile is the interface that’s with us almost all the time, almost everywhere. This includes wearables.
- We love the cloud. From capability and cost savings perspectives, leveraging the cloud — particularly with mobile — makes great sense. Computing and storage solutions are everywhere and often reasonably priced.
- We love connecting with APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to connect to partners and provide options for clients to create platforms.
- We’re taking a smart view of Artificial Intelligence, with a particular focus on machine learning using limited data sets.
- We see the real world of Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality (AR/MR/VR). These tools can provide new ways for clients to accomplish things that they could not otherwise. Whether augmenting the real world (augmented reality and mixed reality) or fully immersive (virtual reality), there are potential applications for all three for our clients’ customers.
- We see help from Digital Assistants like Siri, Cortana, Google Now, Alexa (and more) as they facilitate more integration, become smarter (see AI above), and become empowered to take more action — not just inform.
- We can’t wait for stabilization and maturation of the Internet of Things (IoT), and the Industrial Internet. Based on our roots, we’re very concerned about the security implications of these products and services. And we’re cautious about their application in companies that can’t afford the time and investment required for the complexities IoT can bring.
- We love People, and while we’re not digital (at least not yet), what makes your company unique is your people. Without the right teams, both digital and traditional, tech ends up just being gadgets.
All of these technologies are evolving and are at different stages of viability, usability and practicability.
Some are not fully baked for non-technology-centric companies, particularly for use in some of the more complex or critical situations.
But they’re getting there, and the price is going down as you’d expect.
If digital technologies make sense for our clients, we can consider if they should become part of overcoming your obstacle or addressing your situation.
But only if they make sense — specifically for your situation. Because that is always our priority.